- Toward a Construction-Based Theory of Language Function: The Case of Nominal Extraposition
- Laura A. Michaelis, Knud Lambrecht
- Language, Vol. 72, No. 2 (Jun., 1996), pp. 215-247
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: exclamative, construction, sentence, referent, amazing, extraposition, extraposed, property, syntactic, theta, semantic, metonymic, predicate, focus, fillmore, attribute, people, zwicky, scalar, predicator, pragmatic, topic, formal, constraint, postverbal
- CiteRank: 0.6288
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.