- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Obviative Marking in Ergative Contexts: The Case of Karuk 'îin
- Monica Macaulay
- International Journal of American Linguistics, Vol. 66, No. 4 (Oct., 2000), pp. 464-498
- Subjects: American Indian Studies, Linguistics
- Key terms: obviative, karuk, ergative, person, marking, object, singular, plural, proximate, subject, obviation, pronominal, third, sentence, example, ergativity, prefix, character, affix, inverse, language, hierarchy, argument, animate, marker
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.