- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Pragmatics and the Grammar of Anaphora: A Partial Pragmatic Reduction of Binding and Control Phenomena
- Stephen C. Levinson
- Journal of Linguistics, Vol. 23, No. 2 (Sep., 1987), pp. 379-434
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: yimidhirr, guugu, pronoun, haviland, clause, pragmatic, anaphora, reflexive, antipassive, absolutive, lexical, anaphor, interpretation, overt, grammar, purposive, english, informativeness, sentence, pronominal, ergative, category, maxim, grammatical, coreferential
- CiteRank: 0.3992
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.