- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- William Billings in the District of Maine, 1780
- Nym Cooke
- American Music, Vol. 9, No. 3, Special Issue: Four Pioneers William Billings (1746-1800); Scott Joplin (1868-1917); Carl Ruggles (1876-1971); Martha Graham (1894-1991) (Autumn, 1991), pp. 243-259
- Subjects: Music, American Studies, Bibliography
- Key terms: billing, yarmouth, lewis, maine, singing, north, boston, gorham, powell, powel, letter, corlis, church, gilman, england, jeremiah, choir, tarry, watt, william, massachusetts, magazine, composer, singer, december
- CiteRank: 0.7459
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.