- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Gaylyn Studlar Responds to Miriam Hansen's "Pleasure, Ambivalence, Identification: Valentino and Female Spectatorship" ("Cinema Journal," Summer 1986)
- Gaylyn Studlar
- Cinema Journal, Vol. 26, No. 2 (Winter, 1987), pp. 51-53
- Subjects: Film Studies, Performing Arts, Feminist & Women's Studies
- Key terms: valentino, miner, television, hansen, female, freud, petro, masochism, masochistic, fantasy, pleasure, spectatorship, sadism, feminine, deleuze, sadistic, film, sadomasochistic, obsessional, subversive, beat, spectator, masculine, whipping
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.