- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Transnational Maleness: The Italian Immigrant in "Hell Drivers"
- Elisabetta Girelli
- Cinema Journal, Vol. 44, No. 4 (Summer, 2005), pp. 44-56
- Subjects: Film Studies, Performing Arts, Feminist & Women's Studies, American Studies
- Key terms: driver, italian, masculinity, british, masculine, geraghty, tough, britain, spic, film, fifties, national, summer, woman, immigrant, patriarchy, stereotype, britishnes, identity, patriarchal, gender, masochism, maleness, segal
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.