- Ethnographic Semantics: A Preliminary Survey [and Comments and Replies]
- B. N. Colby, Olga Akhmanova, Ethel M. Albert, E. Pendleton Banks, Wallace L. Chafe, Harold C. Conklin, J. L. Fischer, Willem A. Grootaers, Dell Hymes, Paul Kay, Roger M. Keesing, Edward A. Kennard, J. Knobloch, F. G. Lounsbury, Louise E. Sweet, G. L. Trager, Francis Lee Utley, Roger W. Wescott
- Current Anthropology, Vol. 7, No. 1 (Feb., 1966), pp. 3-32
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: semantic, componential, semantics, meaning, lexical, goodenough, intension, language, quine, analysis, reality, ethnographic, anthropologist, concept, vocabulary, polysemy, orthogonal, saussure, linguistic, conceptualize, domain, word, unit, structure
- CiteRank: 0.9551
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.