- The Proto-Oceanic Language Community
- Andrew Pawley, Roger C. Green
- The Journal of Pacific History, Vol. 19, No. 3, Peopling the Pacific [Part 1] (Jul., 1984), pp. 123-146
- Subjects: Linguistics, Anthropology, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: oceanic, proto, austronesian, language, polynesian, linguistics, subgroup, guinea, melanesia, malayo, comparative, melanesian, reconstruction, lexical, tongan, speaker, island, vanuatu, eastern, micronesian, micronesia, oceania
- CiteRank: 0.8365
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.