- Syntactic Reconstruction and Demythologizing 'Myths and the Prehistory of Grammars'
- Lyle Campbell, Alice C. Harris
- Journal of Linguistics, Vol. 38, No. 3 (Nov., 2002), pp. 599-618
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: reconstruction, proto, directionality, syntax, meillet, language, reconstruct, change, comparative, mingrelian, syntactic, cognate, correspondence, linguist, grammar, method, example, lexical, sentence, unidirectionality, modal, identity, germanic, relate, relatedness
- CiteRank: 0.7463
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.