- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Language, History and Prehistory: Mississippian Lexico-Reconstruction
- Marion Johnson Mochon
- American Antiquity, Vol. 37, No. 4 (Oct., 1972), pp. 478-503
- Subjects: American Indian Studies, Linguistics, Archaeology, Anthropology
- Key terms: mississippian, lexico, cognate, siouan, language, lexical, cultural, month, house, derivation, reconstruction, archaeological, uction, biloxi, socio, society, mound, choctaw, osage, concept, rank, earth, chief, speaker
- CiteRank: 0.1669
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.