- Adjectives and Nouns: Children's Strategies for Learning New Words
- Marjorie Taylor, Susan A. Gelman
- Child Development, Vol. 59, No. 2 (Apr., 1988), pp. 411-419
- Subjects: Linguistics, Psychology, Education, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: child, category, object, noun, name, markman, adjective, unfamiliar, novel, familiar, class, lexical, experiment, meaning, familiarity, word, wachtel, hear, naming, stuff, session, plaid, condition
- CiteRank: 0.8999
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.