- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Register Levels of Ethno-National Purity: The Ethnicization of Language and Community in Mauritius
- Patrick Eisenlohr
- Language in Society, Vol. 33, No. 1 (Feb., 2004), pp. 59-80
- Subjects: Linguistics, Folklore, Asian Studies, African Studies
- Key terms: bhojpuri, hindi, mauritius, hindu, mauritian, creole, linguistic, purist, indian, ancestral, register, speaker, sanskritized, nationalist, ideology, discourse, ethnic, lexical, identity, ideological, community, language, spoken, subsumption, gellner
- CiteRank: 0.5554
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.