- Passives and Their Meaning
- Ronald W. Langacker, Pamela Munro
- Language, Vol. 51, No. 4 (Dec., 1975), pp. 789-830
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: passive, suffix, sentence, unspecified, subject, clause, object, underlying, mojave, construction, reflexive, structure, impersonal, intransitive, surface, language, transitive, predicate, argument, coreferential, prefix, agentive, marker, coreference, specified
- CiteRank: 0.9195
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.