- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Pragmatic Skewing in 1 ↔ 2 Pronominal Combinations in Native American Languages
- Jeffrey Heath
- International Journal of American Linguistics, Vol. 64, No. 2 (Apr., 1998), pp. 83-104
- Subjects: American Indian Studies, Linguistics
- Key terms: marker, morpheme, pronominal, prefix, combination, transitive, suffix, intransitive, strategy, object, language, subject, pragmatic, portmanteau, allomorph, person, ergative, vowel, transparent, zoque, popoloca, stative, carib, opaque, pronoun
- CiteRank: 0.1742
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.