- Regularity and Idiomaticity in Grammatical Constructions: The Case of Let Alone
- Charles J. Fillmore, Paul Kay, Mary Catherine O'Connor
- Language, Vol. 64, No. 3 (Sep., 1988), pp. 501-538
- Subjects: Linguistics, Philosophy
- Key terms: alone, sentence, construction, idiom, syntactic, semantic, squid, shrimp, grammatical, grammar, expression, polarity, phrase, pragmatic, semantics, constituent, speaker, negative, conjunction, structure, element, cousin, property, formal, paired
- CiteRank: 0.9606
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.