- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- To Veil or Not to Veil? A Case Study of Identity Negotiation among Muslim Women in Austin, Texas
- Jen'Nan Ghazal Read, John P. Bartkowski
- Gender and Society, Vol. 14, No. 3 (Jun., 2000), pp. 395-417
- Subjects: Feminist & Women's Studies, Middle East Studies
- Key terms: muslim, veiling, woman, veil, unveil, islamic, respondent, religious, cultural, islam, discourse, practice, edict, feminist, identity, wearing, ethnic, devotion, sherif, elite, distinctiveness, hannan, masculine, muhammad
- CiteRank: 0.8099
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.