- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Gender, Citizenship, and the Nation‐State in Pakistan: Willful Daughters or Free Citizens?
- Amina Jamal
- Signs, Vol. 31, No. 2 (Winter 2006), pp. 283-304
- Subjects: Middle East Studies, Library Science, Marketing & Advertising, Feminist & Women's Studies, Development Studies
- Key terms: saima, woman, pakistan, islamization, family, muslim, daughter, marriage, hussain, jahangir, citizen, legal, citizenship, feminist, shaheed, discourse, mumtaz, parent, autonomy, right, lahore, judge, chaudhry, father, pakistani
- CiteRank: 0.9496
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.