- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Notes on the Sociology of Medical Discourse: The Language of Case Presentation
- Renee R. Anspach
- Journal of Health and Social Behavior, Vol. 29, No. 4, Theme: Continuities in the Sociology of Medical Education (Dec., 1988), pp. 357-375
- Subjects: Health Policy, Health Sciences
- Key terms: presentation, medical, patient, agent, resident, agentive, physician, passive, intern, obstetrics, active, voice, mizrahi, gynecology, round, socialization, slang, discourse, nursery, personalization, language
- CiteRank: 0.7131
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.