- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Grammatical Constructions and Linguistic Generalizations: The What's X Doing Y? Construction
- Paul Kay, Charles J. Fillmore
- Language, Vol. 75, No. 1 (Mar., 1999), pp. 1-33
- Subjects: Linguistics
- Key terms: valence, construction, lexical, daughter, doing, element, constituent, semantics, grammatical, sentence, feature, requirement, structure, complement, incongruity, phrase, filler, semantic, predicator, nonsubject, clause, embedded, argument, minimal, inherit
- CiteRank: 0.69
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.