- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Notes on Transitivity and Theme in English: Part 1
- M. A. K. Halliday
- Journal of Linguistics, Vol. 3, No. 1 (Apr., 1967), pp. 37-81
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: clause, beneficiary, actor, initiator, transitivity, washed, feature, clothes, benefactive, marched, participant, prisoner, complement, receptive, attribuant, operative, intensive, range, element, predicator, effective, attribute, descriptive, subject, action
- CiteRank: 0.8871
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.