- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- τοῦτο πρῶτον γινώσκοντες ὅτι in 2 Peter 1:20 and Hellenistic Epistolary Convention
- Stanley E. Porter, Andrew W. Pitts
- Journal of Biblical Literature, Vol. 127, No. 1 (Spring, 2008), pp. 165-171
- Subjects: Religion, Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: formula, disclosure, predicator, papyrus, adjunct, epistolary, callan, mullin, prepositional, syntactic, knowing, configuration, modifie, clause, phrase, occur, modify, participial, hellenistic, preposition, formulaic, expression, epistle, address, example
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.