- Unions as Multi-Predicate Clauses
- William Davies, Carol Rosen
- Language, Vol. 64, No. 1 (Mar., 1988), pp. 52-88
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: stratum, union, clause, monoclausal, biclausal, dovuto, predicate, essere, nominal, downstairs, final, inner, causative, modal, valence, participial, analysis, perlmutter, intervenire, dovere, relation, unaccusative, initialize, initial, italian
- CiteRank: 0.7281
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.