- Government, Barriers, and Small Clauses in Modern Irish
- Sandra Chung, James McCloskey
- Linguistic Inquiry, Vol. 18, No. 2 (Spring, 1987), pp. 173-237
- Subjects: Linguistics, Irish Studies, Folklore
- Key terms: clause, pronoun, syntactic, imeacht, complement, nonfinite, initial, preposition, happen, structure, governed, lexical, mhinic, annamh, chonaic, lawyer, movement, governor, category, position, daoine, constituent, antecedent, projection, barrier
- CiteRank: 0.6525
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.