- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Ergativity: Toward a Theory of a Heterogeneous Class
- Maria Bittner, Ken Hale
- Linguistic Inquiry, Vol. 27, No. 4 (Autumn, 1996), pp. 531-604
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: warlpiri, inuit, ergative, nominative, antipassive, ergativity, preverb, clause, agreement, argument, object, dative, subject, transitive, syntactic, dyirbal, nominal, preverbs, competitor, child, intransitive, relation, empty, filter, syntactically
- CiteRank: 0.5489
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.