- Predicates and Pronominal Arguments in Straits Salish
- Eloise Jelinek, Richard A. Demers
- Language, Vol. 70, No. 4 (Dec., 1994), pp. 697-736
- Subjects: Linguistics, American Indian Studies
- Key terms: salish, predicate, argument, clause, strait, pronominal, lexical, suffix, determiner, sentence, clitic, affix, clitics, possessive, pronoun, deictic, copula, transitive, adjoined, ergative, subordinate, oblique, person, relative, absolutive
- CiteRank: 0.8191
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.