- We’ve released a new version of Data for Research!
- Try it now
- Monster Pains: Masochism, Menstruation, and Identification in the Horror Film
- Aviva Briefel
- Film Quarterly, Vol. 58, No. 3 (Spring 2005), pp. 16-27
- Subjects: Film Studies, Feminist & Women's Studies, Performing Arts
- Key terms: monster, carrie, horror, masochism, masochistic, pain, hitchhiker, female, cronenberg, seth, monstrosity, male, ginger, freddy, menstruation, spectator, identification, scene, fly, clover, girl, monstrous, act, teenager, violence
- CiteRank: 0.9488
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to
preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2010 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.